Interested in Helping?
Be An Assistant
You are the Heart of Wellness GIFTS
The Day Retreats provide time to re-energize and a much needed break from the day-to-day challenges that families face. The Assistants (and Helping Hands) play a key role in providing the respite care that allows parents and caregivers to attend workshops, interact with each other, attend the parent dinner or just take a nap!
As an Assistant you will support and be a friend to our special families. You will work as a 1:1 Assistant within a small group, or you may be tasked with being the group leader. You may be helping at meal times, running errands, taking a child to the swimming pool, making craft projects, or playing sports and games. The main requirement is to be a warm, caring person – necessary training is provided.
We also have Helping Hands, usually younger volunteers who members of the local community or are seasonal campers or siblings. These guys are lovingly referred to as assistants to assistants. They help when needed and are an important part of the GIFTS Family.
- You must be 18 years or older (Helping Hands can be 13–17 years).
- Provide your own transportation to/from the Day Retreat location.
- References are requested. You will be asked to have an adult fill out a reference form. We recommend a teacher or a supervisor rather than a relative or someone with whom you live. This can be done through email or over the phone.
- If you are 18 or older, you must have a background check. This is provided, at no cost to you, through our agency.
- You will need to attend a training session (meal included).
- There is no cost to you! The cost of your Training Day, materials and all meals (as specified above) are covered by Wellness GIFTS.
If you or someone you know is interested, we are looking for people that can join us for the full day (8:00 am–8:00 pm) on Saturdays (June 10, August 26 & September 16).
We will provide:
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- memories that will make your heart grow 3 sizes larger!
All retreats will be held at Hammondsport-Bath KOA (formerly Hickory Hill Family Camping Resort, located in Bath, NY).
June 9–11, 2023
July 28–30, 2023 (CANCELED)
August 25–27, 2023
September 15–17, 2023
Ready to help? Fill out the Volunteer and Assistant Application today!
are you ready to make a difference?
Apply Online Today
Other Ways to Help…
Share your time and talents with us!