You are the Heart of Wellness G.I.F.T.S. Inc.
The Day Retreats provide time to re-energize and a much needed break from the day-to-day challenges that families face. The Assistants play a key role in providing the respite care that allows parents and caregivers to attend workshops, interact with each other, attend the parent dinner or just take a nap!
As an Assistant you will support and be a friend to our special families. You will work as a 1:1 Assistant within a small group, or you may be tasked with being the group leader. You may be helping at meal times, running errands, taking a child to the swimming pool, making craft projects, or playing sports and games. The main requirement is to be a warm, caring person – necessary training is provided.
We also have Helping Hands, usually younger volunteers who are seasonal campers or siblings. These guys are lovingly referred to as assistants to assistants. They help when needed and are an important part of the GIFTS Family.
- 18 years or older (Helping Hands can be 13- 16)
- Own transportation to/from the Day Retreat location
- References: You will be asked to have an adult fill out a reference form. We recommend a teacher or a supervisor rather than a relative or someone with whom you live. This can be done through email or over the phone.
- If you are 18 or older, you must have a background check. This is provided, at no cost to you, through our agency.
- Attend a training session (meal included)
- Cost: The cost of your Training Day, materials, all meals (as specified above) are covered by Wellness G.I.F.T.S.
are you ready to make a difference?
Apply Online Today
Other Ways to Help…
Share with us your time and talents